North Shore LIJ, NY Times
- Director of the Heart Failure Program at Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Author of the book Intern: A Doctor Initiation, which was a national and Indian bestseller and has been optioned by NBC for a dramatic television series
- Writing about medicine and health for The New York Times for over a decade.
- Written essays for The New England Journal of Medicine, Slate, New York magazine, and The Los Angeles Times, and has appeared frequently in media venues, including CNN, ABC, Bloomberg, and National Public Radio.
- AAAS Mass Media Fellow at Time magazine
- Recipient of a South Asian Journalists Special recognition Award for outstanding stories about medicine.
- Ph.D. in physics from Berkeley.
- MD from Washington University School of Medicine.
- Internal Medicine residency at Weill Cornell
- Fellowship in Cardiology with specialization in heart failure at NYU School of Medicine.
Conference: 12gurus:Health NYC 1.0