NYU School of Medicine
- Professor of Medicine and Chief of Primary Care Internal Medicine at NYU School of Medicine.
- Created Lipkin model of psychosocial education.
- Received the Rosenthal Award of the American College of Physicians for "significant clinical innovation."
- Taught at major medical institutions all over the world on general medicine and primary care.
- Produced twelve books and over 160 articles and chapters.
- Founding President and Chairman of the American Academy on Physician and Patient, and the American Academy on Communication in Health (AACH).
- President of the Zlinkoff Fund for Medical Education and Research and Past President of the Society of
- General Internal Medicine.
- Served on the Governor's Medical Advisory Panel on Primary Care
- Graduated (magna, phi beta kappa) from Harvard College and Medical School.
- Residency at UNC and USPHS Fellowship in Medicine and Psychiatry with George Engel.
Conference: 12gurus:Health NYC 1.0