Presenter Brian Forrest
Brian Forrest MD Access Healthcare; Direct Pay Health; UNC Chapel Hill
Keeping it Simple: How to Run a Private Practice in the 21st century and Thrive
- Founded Access Healthcare and the Access Hypertension Clinic in 2002 to provide an advanced access, low overhead practice model that dramatically reduces out of pocket costs for uninsured patients and has been shown to improve cardiovascular outcomes compared to traditional practice models.
- Founder & Chief Medical Officer of DirectPay Health a consulting company that helps physicians transition their practices to a low overhead, micropractice model.
- The model is a direct pay method for providing medical care that is totally independent of any insurers, government, or other third party payers.
- Experienced author/lecturer with over 200 presentations on Cardiovascular Disease and the Access Healthcare Model and multiple publications over the last 10 years.
- Numerous appearances on television and radio, including on NPRâ€™s â€œThe Story with Dick Gordon.â€
- Triangle Business Journals 40 under 40 Leadership Award
- the Cardiovascular Diseases Center of Excellence in 2009;
- the Presidential Award from the NCAFP in 2008
- The helping hand Mission awarded him the â€œTouched By an Angel Awardâ€
- â€œBest Doctor in the Triangle Areaâ€ based on a newspaper readersâ€™ poll
- Medical school at UNC Chapel Hill
- Internship and residency in Family and Community Medicine at Wake Forest University.
- Albert Schweitzer Fellowship in Public Health and a Holderness Medical Research Fellowship in Diabetes from 1996-1998.
- Extensive post graduate continuing medical education in hypertension and cardiovascular disease
- Certified as a Clinical Hypertension Specialist by the American Society of Hypertension.
- Chair of the Governmental Affairs Committee of the NC Academy of Family Physicians and is currently Vice President Elect on the Academyâ€™s Board of Directors.
- Member of the NC Medical Society Legislative Cabinet.
- Served on the NC Medical Board Task Force on Board Certification
- Member of the American Society of Hypertension, the North Carolina Medical Society, the NCAFP and the AAFP.
- Black belt instructor in Hap Ki Do, keyboard composer, Sunday School Teacher, amateur magician.
Dynamic Theater Experience
No boring lectures. No bulletpoints. No pitching. 12gurus:Health is a dynamic theater experience. Talks are short -- 18 minutes or less! -- game changing, full of rich multimedia, and given by the world's top innovators!
Leaders in Healthcare Innovation
NYC, March 29-30, 2012 : 12gurus:Health brings together top innovators, practitioners and executives from all aspects of healthcare to share innovative ideas on increasing patient wellbeing, improving experiences of the doctors, staff, patients, and families, and enabling better research and data-sharing. Talks are short, engaging and entertaining. The topics are game-changing BIG ideas.
Sponsors + Partners
Click "buy tickets" to register.