12gurus:Health | Presenter: Douglas Drossman | Sharing the best ideas in health care | Conference | CME | Free Videos | Courses | Meetups | NYU Conference | Manhattan, New York City, New York Health Care Conference
Presenter Douglas Drossman
UNC School of Medicine
Effective communication skills to improve physician-patient relationship
- Co-chair NextGen:Health 2012
- Professor of Medicine and Psychiatry at UNC School of Medicine
- Co-Director of the UNC Center for Functional GI & Motility Disorders. He has had a long-standing interest in the research and evaluation of difficult to diagnose and treat GI disorders.
- Published more than 400 books, articles and abstracts relating to epidemiology, psychosocial and quality of life assessment, design of treatment trials, and outcomes of research in GI disorders.
- President of the Rome Foundation
- Editor of Rome I, II and III, "Understanding the Irritbable Gut" and the "Clinical Algorithms for Functional GI Disorders" produced by the Rome Foundation
- Member of the Board of Directors, Chair of the Scientific Advisory Board, and Chair of the Awards Committee of the International Foundation for Functional GI Disorders (IFFGD)
- Founder and past chair of the Functional Brain Gut Research Group (FBG)
- Janssen Award for Clinical Research in Digestive Diseases
- Associate Editor of Gastroenterology, (2001-2006)
- MD degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 1970
- Medical residency at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine and New York University-Bellevue Medical Center.
- Sub-specialized in psychosocial (psychosomatic) medicine at the University of Rochester School of Medicine under the mentorship of Dr. George Engel from 1975 to 1976
- Specialized in gastroenterology at the University of North Carolina in from 1976 to 1978.
Dynamic Theater Experience
No boring lectures. No bulletpoints. No pitching.
12gurus:Health is a dynamic theater experience. Talks are short
-- 18 minutes or less! -- game changing, full of rich multimedia, and given by the world's top innovators!
Leaders in Healthcare Innovation
NYC, March 29-30, 2012 : 12gurus:Health brings together top innovators, practitioners and executives from all aspects of healthcare to share innovative ideas on increasing patient wellbeing, improving experiences of the doctors, staff, patients, and families, and enabling better research and data-sharing. Talks are short, engaging and entertaining. The topics are game-changing BIG ideas.
Sponsors + Partners
Executives, Administrators, Leaders and Decision-Makers from across the globe attend 12gurus:Health